- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 7/8 × 4 5/16 inches (7.3 × 11 cm)
Inscribed on verso, in graphite, upper center: "By A. Monro after ?"; in graphite center: "? Porchester Castle"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | battlements | castle | crenelations | keep | ramparts | ruins | stonework | Towers | walls
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampshire | Portchester | Portchester Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.