- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 7/8 × 4 5/16 inches (7.3 × 11 cm)
Inscribed on verso, in graphite, upper center: "By A. Monro after ?"; in graphite center: "? Porchester Castle"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | battlements | castle | crenelations | keep | ramparts | ruins | stonework | Towers | walls
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampshire | Portchester | Portchester Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.