Boxhill from West Humble Lane
- Additional Title(s):
Copy of Edridge's "Boxhill from West Humble Lane"
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 13 1/4 x 19 7/16 inches (33.6 x 49.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in red ink, upper left: "97a"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: " 'Boxhill from West humble Lane' | Copy by Alex.r Monro of a drawing by H. Edridge ARA | the original now (1928) in possesion of T. Girtin | This draw'g was given to me by the Rev'd A Hone. Rector of Ester (?) | the executor of Madame Le Geyt (died 1942), a note having | left by her wishing me to have 'a few drawings' | Mr Hone - also a descendant of Dr Monro."; center: "PM 5804
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birch trees | bushes | clouds | cottages | farms | fences | grass | hills | landscape | Nature | path | road | trees
- Associated Places:
- Box Hill | England | North Downs | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander Monro, 1802–1844, Boxhill from West Humble Lane, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.