Boxhill from West Humble Lane
- Additional Title(s):
Copy of Edridge's "Boxhill from West Humble Lane"
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 x 19 7/16 inches (33.6 x 49.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in red ink, upper left: "97a"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: " 'Boxhill from West humble Lane' | Copy by Alex.r Monro of a drawing by H. Edridge ARA | the original now (1928) in possesion of T. Girtin | This draw'g was given to me by the Rev'd A Hone. Rector of Ester (?) | the executor of Madame Le Geyt (died 1942), a note having | left by her wishing me to have 'a few drawings' | Mr Hone - also a descendant of Dr Monro."; center: "PM 5804
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | clouds | cottages | farms | fences | grass | hills | landscape | Nature | path | road | trees
- Associated Places:
- Box Hill | England | North Downs | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander Monro, 1802–1844, Boxhill from West Humble Lane, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.