Composition: Italian Seascape Effect
- Black chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 5 1/8 × 10 1/8 inches (13 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed on mount, on verso in graphite, upper left: "395 | Italian Seashore effect ([...]) | ?"; in pen and ren ink: "340-S"; in graphite, center: "(Reg no. 76 70/3/27/355) | (pm 6039) | Monro, Dr. Thomas | Composition, Italian Seashore Effect"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | buildings | dunes | landscape | ocean | people | sand | sea | trees | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Dr. Thomas Monro, 1759–1833, British, Composition: Italian Seascape Effect, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.