IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Dr. Thomas Monro, 1759–1833, British, Composition inspired by Richard Wilson's Paintings of Cader Idris, undated
Composition inspired by Richard Wilson's Paintings of Cader Idris
- Black chalk and gray wash on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 9 1/16 inches (18.1 × 23 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Dr T. Monro"; upper right: "Thoughts of Cader Idris by Richard Wilson, noted by T. Girtin 1942 from his knowledge of Sir E[dward] Marsh's fine [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated Places:
- Cader Idris | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.