Pevensey Castle, Sussex
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 9 9/16 inches (16.5 × 24.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Sketch byMooe upon which the Girt drawing Pevensey 3 is founded."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | arrow loops | battlements | castle | loopholes | ruins | stonework | towers (building divisions) | walls
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | Europe | Pevensey | Pevensey Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Moore, 1762–1799, British, Pevensey Castle, Sussex, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.