IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Jacob More, 1740–1793, British, View Near the Mill Looking Toward Licenza: Horace's Villa on the Left, 1783
View Near the Mill Looking Toward Licenza: Horace's Villa on the Left
- Gray wash with pen and black ink, watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper, in contemporary wove paper insert with wash boader
- Mount: 13 9/16 x 17 11/16 inches (34.5 x 45 cm), Sheet: 11 3/16 x 15 3/4 inches (28.4 x 40 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, reinforced in pen and brown ink, lower center: "View near the Mill, looking toward Licenza: Horace's Villa on the left"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "No: 1."
Watermark: Bend (similar to Heawood 70)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | discussion (meeting) | gesturing | Grand Tour | hills | houses | landscape | man | mountains | path | pointing | resting | road | trees | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Horace's Villa | Italy | Lazio | Licenza | Roma
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Classic Ground - British Artists and the Landscape of Italy, 1740-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-07-29 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.