A Hop Kiln
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly texture, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/16 × 8 1/16 inches (15.4 × 20.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Tinted, Black Lead, Drawing by George Morland 1795"
Signed in black ink, lower right: "G Morland | 1795"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | baskets | beer | brewers | dresses | genre subject | hop kiln | malthouse | men | oast | oasthouses | railings | road | skirts | stairs | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.