IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Payne, active 1850s, British, Drivers and Burros Resting at Sunset, undated
Drivers and Burros Resting at Sunset
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 × 6 3/4 inches (27.6 × 17.1 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and black ink, lower right: "Painting by W. Payne"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "W. Payne"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | building | bundles | burros | cargo | donkeys | drivers | genre subject | resting | sunset | tree | wheel
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.