George Morland, 1763–1804, British, Fisherman and Dog Sitting by the Coast, 1803
Fisherman and Dog Sitting by the Coast
- Graphite touched with red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 18 1/4 x 20 7/8 inches (46.4 x 53 cm), Sheet: 15 1/8 × 17 3/4 inches (38.4 × 45.1 cm), and Image: 14 5/8 × 17 3/8 inches (37.1 × 44.1 cm)
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "G.Morland 1803"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | coast | dog (animal) | fisherman | fur | genre subject | hat | pipe (smoking equipment) | rocks (landforms) | sailboat | scarf (costume accessory) | seagulls | sitting | water
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.