IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Morland, 1763–1804, British, Peasants in a Grotto, undated
Peasants in a Grotto
- Brown wash and gray wash with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 15/16 × 8 11/16 inches (17.6 × 22.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D2145"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed in ink, lower right: "GM"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cave | children (people by age group) | genre subject | grotto | landscape | man | peasants | rocks (landforms) | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Art in Focus: John Goto's High Summer (Yale Center for British Art, 2018-04-06 - 2018-08-19) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition] [Exhibition Description]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.