Peasants in a Grotto
- Brown wash and gray wash with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 15/16 × 8 11/16 inches (17.6 × 22.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D2145"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in ink, lower right: "GM"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cave | children (people by age group) | genre subject | grotto | landscape | man | peasants | rocks (landforms) | women
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Morland, 1763–1804, British, Peasants in a Grotto, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.