Man Seated on a Bank
- Black chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 × 5 1/8 inches (16.2 × 13 cm) and Mount: 8 1/8 × 6 5/8 inches (20.6 × 16.8 cm)
In pen and brown ink, mount LR: G. Morland.
Signed on mount in pen and brown ink, lower right: "G. Morland"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bank | boots | coat | genre subject | hat | man | rocks (landforms) | sitting
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Morland, 1763–1804, British, Man Seated on a Bank, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.