Studies of Groups of Heads
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 x 7 1/2 inches (28.6 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D. 389"
Paul Mellon collector's mark; watermark: (escutcheon)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | genre subject | hats | headgear | heads | helmets | men | studies (visual works) | turbans | wigs
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Hamilton Mortimer, 1740–1779, British, Studies of Groups of Heads, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.