Studies of Groups of Heads
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 x 7 1/2 inches (28.6 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D. 389"
Paul Mellon collector's mark; watermark: (escutcheon)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | genre subject | hats | headgear | helmets | men | studies (visual works) | turbans | wigs
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Hamilton Mortimer, 1740–1779, British, Studies of Groups of Heads, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.