Studies of Academics
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 7 5/8 inches (29.5 x 19.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "<Mortimer> | D 390 J.H. Mortimer ARA 1741-1779 | LCD"
Watermark; collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricatures | figure study | hats | men | mortarboards | regalia | robes | scholars | scrolls (information artifacts) | studies, preliminary | tassel | wigs
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Hamilton Mortimer, 1740–1779, British, Studies of Academics, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.