Saint Paul Preaching to the Britons
- between 1775 and 1778
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 x 11 inches (20.3 x 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "St. Paul preaching | to the Britons. - "
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- kneeling | listening | men | old | preaching | preaching | religion | religious and mythological subject | robes | staves | tree | women
- Associated People:
- Paul, the Apostle, St. (c. AD 5–c. AD 67)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Hamilton Mortimer, 1740–1779, British, Saint Paul Preaching to the Britons, between 1775 and 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.