Landscape near Ageles - Gazost at the foot of the Pyrenees
- Watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 9/16 × 8 3/8 inches (14.1 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "M board 4 | 1/4" F[...] | Narrow [...] line | touching edge of drawing | outside 11x16"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "EJP"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | field | figures | landscape | light | mountains | ox | plow (agricultural equipment) | storm | sunlight
- Associated Places:
- Argelès-Gazost | Europe | France | Midi-Pyrénées | Pyrénées
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977-1986, Yale Center for British Art , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1986, p. 29, no. 115, N590.2 A7 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
Duncan Robinson, Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977 - 1986, , Burlington Magazine, vol. 128, October 1986, p. 29, no. 115, N1 B87 128:3 OVERSIZE (YCBA)