Strand Gateway, Winchelsea
- Watercolor with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 10 inches (21 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "[...] .9927c"; lower right: "Stand Gateway, Winchelsea./ by H. Morton Ex 1807-1825 / Ill to views Nr Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | archway | beach | cart | climbing plants | fence | gate | gateway | horse (animal) | man | ocean | road | ruins | sand | sea | stonework | turret | vines | walls | water
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Winchelsea
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Morton, ca. 1807–1825, British, Strand Gateway, Winchelsea, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.