Strand Gateway, Winchelsea
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 10 inches (21 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "[...] .9927c"; lower right: "Stand Gateway, Winchelsea./ by H. Morton Ex 1807-1825 / Ill to views Nr Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | archway | beach | cart | climbing plants | fence | gate | gateway | horse (animal) | man | ocean | road | ruins | sand | sea | stonework | turret | vines | walls | water
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Winchelsea
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Morton, ca. 1807–1825, British, Strand Gateway, Winchelsea, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.