Ore Church and House
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor with pen and ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 11 13/16 inches (21.6 × 30 cm)
In graphite, verso, lower right: "Ore Church - House" / by H. Morton Ex 180-7-1825/ Ill[ustrative] to Views Nr Hastings.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basket | caps (headgear) | church | churchyard | drinking | eating | fence | genre subject | graveyard | house | jug | laborers | men | mullions | pickaxe | pipe | quatrefoil | road | roofs | shovel | smoking (activity) | steeple | stonework | tombstones | Tower | towers, church | tracery | tree | wall | wattle | windows
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | Europe | Hastings | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Morton, ca. 1807–1825, British, Ore Church and House, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.