Mole Head, Algiers
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 × 11 1/4 inches (10.8 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Mole Head. Algiers - 1816"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | battlements | clouds | dome | embrasures (battlement components) | fort | masts | ocean | ramparts | tower (building division) | walls, defensive | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Al-Jaza'ir | Algiers | El Djazaïr
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.