Richard Archwright, Inventor of the Spinning Jenny
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, brown laid paper
- Sheet: 6 9/16 × 4 1/2 inches (16.7 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Richard Arkwright | by Wright of Derby D. 1797"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons (fasteners) | coat | inventor | man | portrait | stock | wig
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Posselwhite, 1798–1884, British, Richard Archwright, Inventor of the Spinning Jenny, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.