- "The Indian Emperor" or "The Conquest of Mexico"
- Etching and engraving
- Sheet: 17 11/16 x 21 1/2in. (44.9 x 54.6cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Gift of David Bindman
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- audience | bust | chairs | chandeliers | children | conversation piece | curtain | fan (costume accessory) | performance | performers | wigs
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Elizabeth Einberg, The age of Hogarth, British painters born 1675-1709 , vol. 2, Tate Gallery, London, 1988, p. 147, cat. no. 120, ND466 T38 1988 + OVERSIZE (YCBA)
Joanna Marschner, Enlightened Princesses : Caroline, Augusta, Charlotte, and the Shaping of the Modern World, Yale University Press, New Haven, Conn, 2017, p. 169, fig. 7.06, NX543 +.E55 2017 Oversize (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dodd, 1748–1816, British, "The Indian Emperor" or "The Conquest of Mexico", 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.