A Review on Epson Downs
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 3 1/2 × 8 7/8 inches (8.9 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Epson Downs"; inscribed on mount in pen and black ink, center right: "187"; on verso in graphite, lower center: "with color notes"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "J.N."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dresses | flags | horses (animals) | military art | officers | people | soldiers | spectators | uniforms | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Epsom | Europe | Surrey | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Nixon, ca. 1760–1818, British, A Review on Epson Downs, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.