Design for a Temple on a Square Plan and with a Dome: Elevation
- Pen and gray ink, brown wash, gray wash, and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 6 15/16in. (19.7 x 17.6cm) and Sheet: 7 3/4 × 7 inches (19.7 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right:"J/6"; in graphite, lower left: "W3418/6"
Watermarks: Horn, Churchill 318
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J. Paine"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Paine, 1717–1789, British, Design for a Temple on a Square Plan and with a Dome: Elevation, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.