Design for a Temple on a Square Plan and with a Dome: Elevation
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and gray ink, brown wash, gray wash, and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 6 15/16in. (19.7 x 17.6cm), Sheet: 7 3/4 × 7 inches (19.7 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right:"J/6"; in graphite, lower left: "W3418/6"
Watermark: Horn, Churchill 318
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J. Paine"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Paine, 1717–1789, British, Design for a Temple on a Square Plan and with a Dome: Elevation, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.