Study for, In Mr. Barnard's Boat, Kingston
- Graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 10 1/8 inches (19.1 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8"; in graphite on verso, upper right: "J. Nixon"; in graphite, center: "1 John Barnard | 2 Miss Gill | 3 Benjn Barnard & | 4 His wife | 5 Elizth Barnard | 6 Josiah Banard | 7 Sarah Barnard | 8 Captn Chas Barnard"; lower left: "circa 1811"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | children | coats | dresses | genre subject | men | study (visual work) | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Nixon, ca. 1760–1818, British, Study for, In Mr. Barnard's Boat, Kingston, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.