Philippe-Jacques de Loutherbourg, 1740–1812, French, active in Britain (from 1771), The Island of Portland, undated
The Island of Portland
- Gray wash with pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 3 × 4 3/8 inches (7.6 × 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Island of Portland."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- island | landscape | marine art | sails | sea | ships
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Europe | Portland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.