Philippe-Jacques de Loutherbourg, 1740–1812, French, active in Britain (from 1771), Three Ships, undated
- Gray wash with pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 × 8 1/8 inches (13 × 20.6 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Loutherbourg"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Cornelius Vanderbilt
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | harbor | marine art | ocean | sea | ships
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.