- Carew Castle South Wales
- Watercolor and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 10 3/4 inches (21.9 × 27.3 cm) and Mount: 10 1/8 × 14 3/8 inches (25.7 × 36.5 cm)
Extensively inscribed in pen and brown ink, beginning upper left: "Extempore to a Lady on being asked what | is world was like"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | grass | text | trees | vines
- Associated Places:
- Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Carew Castle South Wales, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.