Carew Castle South Wales
- Additional Title(s):
See O See, by George Digby, Earl of Bristol, Epitaph on a Lawer, and Impromptu, on Being Asked by a Lady What the World was Like
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 10 3/4 inches (21.9 × 27.3 cm), Mount: 10 1/8 × 14 3/8 inches (25.7 × 36.5 cm)
Extensively inscribed in pen and brown ink, beginning upper left: "Extempore to a Lady on being asked what | is world was like"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | grass | text | trees | vines
- Associated Places:
- Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Carew Castle South Wales, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.