unknown artist, nineteenth century, Chair with Shelf and Inscription, undated
Chair with Shelf and Inscription
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 11 1/4 × 7 1/2 inches (28.6 × 19.1 cm)
Lettered in graphite, center: "VITA BREVIS | ARS LONGA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | coat of arms | genre subject | shelf
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.