South View of St. Neot's Bridge, Built About 1589 Out of the Ruins of the Priory
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper,
- 8 1/16 × 11 3/16 inches (20.5 × 28.4 cm), 8 3/8 × 11 7/16 inches (21.3 × 29.1 cm), and 12 3/4 × 15 15/16 inches (32.4 × 40.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, on mount, lower center: "S. view of St. Neot' Bridge, built about 1589 and of the ruins | of the Priory."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | bridge (built work) | figures | trees
- Associated Places:
- Cambridgeshire | England
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, South View of St. Neot's Bridge, Built About 1589 Out of the Ruins of the Priory, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.