Upper or Western Entrance to Eastbourne
- Graphite on medium, moderately thick, beige, wove paper, mounted on, thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 3/16 × 8 7/8 inches (15.7 × 22.5 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 6 11/16 × 9 3/8 inches (17 × 23.8 cm), and Mount: 8 11/16 × 11 1/2 inches (22.1 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Upper or Western Entrance | to Eastbourne"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "by Hakewell"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cityscape | landscape | town | trees
- Associated Places:
- Eastbourne | England
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Upper or Western Entrance to Eastbourne, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.