IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Upper or Western Entrance to Eastbourne, undated
Upper or Western Entrance to Eastbourne
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/16 × 8 7/8 inches (15.7 × 22.5 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 6 11/16 × 9 3/8 inches (17 × 23.8 cm), Mount: 8 11/16 × 11 1/2 inches (22.1 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Upper or Western Entrance | to Eastbourne"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "by Hakewell"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cityscape | landscape | town | trees
- Associated Places:
- Eastbourne | England
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.