- A Knight (St. George?) and a Dragon
- Graphite on medium, smooth, beige, wove paper
- Image: 4 1/8 × 2 3/8 inches (10.5 × 6 cm) and Sheet: 4 5/8 × 3 1/16 inches (11.7 × 7.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "43"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Holbein"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | chain | claws | death | dragon | hero | horse (animal) | key rings | knight (landholder) | lance | religious and mythological subject | St. George and the dragon | sword
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, A Knight (St. George?) and a Dragon, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.