IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, nineteenth century, A Knight (St. George?) and a Dragon, undated
A Knight (St. George?) and a Dragon
- Graphite on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Image: 4 1/8 × 2 3/8 inches (10.5 × 6 cm), Sheet: 4 5/8 × 3 1/16 inches (11.7 × 7.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "43"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Holbein"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | chain | claws | death | dragon | hero | horse (animal) | key rings | knight (landholder) | lance | religious and mythological subject | St. George and the dragon | sword
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.