Swakeley House, Middlesex
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 9 5/8 inches (22.5 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Swakeley House at Ickenham near Mxbridge Midd. | the Seat of-Cleark [...]"; on verso in graphite, upper right: "AD 356 | 98 in [...]"; lower right: "18"
Sabin Galleries LTD
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Artisan Mannerist | figures (representations) | grass | greenhouse | houses | park (grounds) | trees | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hillingdon | Ickenham | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Tomkins, 1757–1823, British, Swakeley House, Middlesex, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.