Shrewsbury House, Isleworth, Middlesex
- Pen and black ink and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 8 5/8 inches (19.1 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "SHREWSBURY HOUSE ISLEWORTH | The Front next the Thames as it was in 1796 since taken down and | on its site is the dwelling House and coal Wharf belonging to Mr. Friday | a Lighterman of Isleworth"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "P. Sandby"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | exterior view | house
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Isleworth | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Tomkins, 1757–1823, British, Shrewsbury House, Isleworth, Middlesex, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.