- Seat of David Godfrey, Isleworth, Middlesex
- Pen and black ink, watercolor on medium, slightly textured, white laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 8 1/2 inches (19.1 × 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "THE SEAT of DAVID GODFREY ESQ.R ISLEWORTH | As it was in 1794. Since taken down, and the premises occupied as a Market Garden. This | House stood on the site of Kendall House."
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "P. Sandby"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | exterior view | house | landscape
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Isleworth | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Tomkins, 1757–1823, British, Seat of David Godfrey, Isleworth, Middlesex, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.