Whitehall Palace, London: Elevation of Proposed Design
- Former Title(s):
- between 1710 and 1740
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 9/16 × 17 11/16 inches (34.4 × 44.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso, upper left in graphite: "2 [circled] Dark red mount for framer"; on center in graphite (20th century curatorial hand): "Northern Italian c. 1720-40 AN | country house (? for English patron)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | elevation (drawing) | palaces
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | London | Palace of Whitehall | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Jones, Inigo (1573–1652), architect and theatre designer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Whitehall Palace, London: Elevation of Proposed Design, between 1710 and 1740
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.