Design for a Greenhouse at Kew Gardens
- Pen and black and brown ink, watercolor and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 19 13/16 inches (31.4 x 50.4 cm) and Image: 11 7/8 x 19 7/16 inches (30.1 x 49.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, within image, lower right: "Kew Gardens."
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, center, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | breeches | building | canes | costume | design | facade | frock coats | garden | gardener | garlands | genre subject | gowns | greenhouse | hats | leisure | men | nobility | path | pediment | plan (drawing) | plants | plumes | pool | steps | tail coats | trees | tricornes | watering can | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | Richmond | Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.