Design for a Mythological Scene, with Jupiter and Juno
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and black and brown ink with gray wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 6 3/8 inches (13.7 x 16.2 cm), Mount: 11 1/8 x 12 1/2 inches (28.3 x 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on mount, lower left: "By Sir James Thornhill"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "(No 25) | Thornhill"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | crowns (costume components) | design | jug | peacock (bird) | people | putti | religious and mythological subject | swords
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir James Thornhill, 1675–1734, British, Design for a Mythological Scene, with Jupiter and Juno, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.