Design for a Riding School
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen, and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Image: 8 5/8 × 14 7/8 inches (21.9 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center: "Spaccato [...] il Lungo in qui si dimostrals stanzone coperto [...] la squola, stalla [...]icavalli, e stanzone della Binara"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Gaualli dipinti [...] ornato della scuola"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Juderia"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "BLUE MOUNT | FALSE MARGINS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, ( Italian School ), Design for a Riding School, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.