Design for a Ceiling
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite, pen and black ink, and watercolor; verso: pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 19 7/8 x 13 3/4 inches (50.5 x 34.9 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 19 3/4 x 13 3/8 inches (50.2 x 34 cm), Image: 14 1/2 x 9 1/4 inches (36.8 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and in black ink, lower center, scale bar given; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center left: "M[r] Ball[?er]"
stamped, verso, top right, 4829
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceiling | decoration, interior | designs | festoons | mythology | Neoclassical | roundels
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.