Design for Polychromatic Decoration of a Church
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, graphite, and gouache with pen and black ink on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 × 9 1/2 inches (28.6 × 24.1 cm), Image: 9 1/4 × 7 5/8 inches (23.5 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "James Bayly | 1[...]89"; on verso in graphite, upper left: "AD. 154"; in graphite center: "James Bayly"; in graphite lower center: "Mounted in 3in | needed flat hold with | [...] flat"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | ceiling | church | polychromatic | pulpit | stained glass | steps | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Edmund Street, 1824–1881, British, Design for Polychromatic Decoration of a Church, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.