Design for a Chimneypiece
- Additional Title(s):
Design for a Chimney Pieace at Goodwood House, Sussex
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and black ink and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 × 11 5/8 inches (22.9 × 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "A | 1:3 [...]"; center: "4 feet opening 4:0"; lower center: "A Mantelpience Designed by Wilton R.A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Joseph Wilton RA, 1722–1803, British, Design for a Chimneypiece, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.