IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Sanderson, active 1730–died 1774, British, [One of] Five Ceiling Designs, undated
[One of] Five Ceiling Designs
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 4 x 6 13/16 inches (10.2 x 17.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "[pound sign] | 12"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceilings | Classical | designs | mythology | paterae (motifs) | scrolling foliage | shells (animal material)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.