IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Hinton St. George, Somerset: Plan of the New Staircase, undated
Hinton St. George, Somerset: Plan of the New Staircase
- Pen and black ink and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 3/4 x 13 3/8 inches (55.2 x 34 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Plan & Section of the New Stair Case North side | Lord Poulett"; in pen and black ink, upper center: "A", "B", "C"; in pen and black ink, center: "g"; in pen and black ink, left, bar scale labeled "0"' to "10"; inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "Plan and Section of the New | Stair Case North side | Lord Poulett"; in graphite, lower right: "AD 573"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | cross section | plans (drawings) | stairs
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hinton St George | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.