- Elevation of the Ordnance Office
- after 1780
- Watercolor with gouache and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 11/16 x 21 9/16 inches (34.7 x 54.7 cm) and Image: 8 11/16 x 16 5/16 inches (22 x 41.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Ordnance Office formerly standing against the East End of St Margaret Church, Westminster"; lower right: "about 80 feet [...]"; on mount, lower left: "ENGLISH SCHOOL (18th cent.): WESTMINSTER ORDNANCE OFFICE"; illegible inscriptions on back, center right; on back, lower right: "AO 632 | 211"; on back of mount, lower left: "ENGLISH SCHOOL (18th cent): | WESTMINSTER ORDNANCE OFFICE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrade | building | columns | elevation (drawing) | facade | frieze (ornamental band) | garlands | lion | office | pediments | plan (drawing) | sculpture | steps | unicorn | windows
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Elevation of the Ordnance Office, after 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.