Elevation of the Ordnance Office
- Additional Title(s):
Westminster Ordnance Office
- after 1780
- Watercolor with gouache and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 11/16 x 21 9/16 inches (34.7 x 54.7 cm) and Image: 8 11/16 x 16 5/16 inches (22 x 41.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Ordnance Office formerly standing against the East End of St Margaret Church, Westminster"; lower right: "about 80 feet [...]"; on mount, lower left: "ENGLISH SCHOOL (18th cent.): WESTMINSTER ORDNANCE OFFICE"; illegible inscriptions on back, center right; on back, lower right: "AO 632 | 211"; on back of mount, lower left: "ENGLISH SCHOOL (18th cent): | WESTMINSTER ORDNANCE OFFICE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrade | building | columns | elevation (drawing) | facade | frieze (ornamental band) | garlands | lion | office | pediments | plan (drawing) | sculpture | steps | unicorn | windows
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.