Variant Designs for the Somerset Monument: Elevation
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on smooth, thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 7 inches (26.7 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "1"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Vulliamy Architect"; in graphite, upper left: "AD 28"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "L Vulliamy Arch.t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | column (architectural element) | folly | monument | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Burton Pynsent Monument | Curry Rivel | England | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis Vulliamy, 1791–1871, British, Variant Designs for the Somerset Monument: Elevation, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.