Mansion at Pendhill, Survey
- Former Title(s):
- Graphite, pen and black ink and gray wash on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 × 14 13/16 inches (25.6 × 37.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Mansion at Pendhill, Survey. 1624. | These two vulgar bow windows | added within these few years."; in graphite, lower center: <...>
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "J.C. 1808"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- exterior view | mansion
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Carter, 1748–1817, British, Mansion at Pendhill, Survey, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.