- Design for a Country House
- ca. 1840
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 18 3/4 inches (31.4 x 47.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "A. G. Vickers"; on back, center right: "1099 (encircled); on back, lower right: "Cab 11 | AD 601 | 33 (in box)"; on back of mount, lower left: "ENGLISH SCHOOL (19th CENT) | DESIGN FOR A COUNTRY HOUSE | PROPOSING A LARGE CLASSICAL ADDITION"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balconies | balustrades | carriage | colonnade | columns | country house | design | driver | hedges | horses (animals) | man | mansion | pediments | plan (drawing) | steps | trees | urns | wall | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Design for a Country House, ca. 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.