IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, Design for a Country House, ca. 1840
Design for a Country House
- ca. 1840
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 18 3/4 inches (31.4 x 47.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "A. G. Vickers"; on back, center right: "1099 (encircled); on back, lower right: "Cab 11 | AD 601 | 33 (in box)"; on back of mount, lower left: "ENGLISH SCHOOL (19th CENT) | DESIGN FOR A COUNTRY HOUSE | PROPOSING A LARGE CLASSICAL ADDITION"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balconies | balustrades | carriage | colonnade | columns | country house | design | driver | hedges | horses (animals) | man | mansion | pediments | plan (drawing) | steps | trees | urns | wall | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.