- Design for London Bridge Approach
- between 1827 and 1835
- Gray wash over graphite and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, greened white wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 x 14 7/8 inches (22.5 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center (written upside down): "59"; on back, lower right: "4 (encircled)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | bridge approach | buildings | church | cityscape | cobblestones | columns | design | equestrian statues | figures | lampposts | men | plan (drawing) | sidewalks | streets | tower (building division) | walking
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | Greater London | London | London Bridge | Southwark | Southwark Cathedral | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Design for London Bridge Approach, between 1827 and 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.