IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, Design for a Tripod and Design for Entablature of the Upper Range of Windows in the Hall, undated
Design for a Tripod and Design for Entablature of the Upper Range of Windows in the Hall
- Former Title(s):
Design for a Tripod and Entableture
- Graphite, gray wash, pen and brown ink on slightly textured, moderately thin, white laid paper
- Sheet: 15 × 9 3/16 inches (38.1 × 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Design of a Tripod with a Vase and Branches for three Candles | for the Earl of Coventry"; in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Entablature of the upper riange of Windows in the Hall | the Cornice of which goes quite round the Room"; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "1", "2 ft"; in pen and brown ink, right: "1 ft."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.