unknown artist, eighteenth century, Design after a Greek Vase, undated
Design after a Greek Vase
- Part Of:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 27 3/8 × 19 7/16 inches (69.5 × 49.4 cm), Sheet: 23 7/16 × 15 1/4 inches (59.5 × 38.7 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 21 7/8 × 14 3/8 inches (55.6 × 36.5 cm), and Image: 21 5/16 × 13 7/8 inches (54.1 × 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "ADS66y"
Watermark: "J Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bells (aerophone components) | Classical | dance | Greek | offerings | still life | vases | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.