Windsor Castle, Berkshire: South Front of Military Knights Houses
- Pen and black ink, pen and brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (3 joined sheets): 21 3/8 × 87 1/2 inches (54.3 × 222.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "South Front of the Military Knights Houses | King Henry 8th Gateway &c | Windsor Castle"; lower left: "Salisbury Tower | King Henry 8th Gateway"; lower center: "Tower to the Military Knights Houses | Commonly called Governor's Tower"; lower right: "King Henry 3rd Tower, | Another rough drawing from dimensions | excludes the whole of the South Front | from King Henry 3rd Tower to the Victoria Towers"; inscribed extensively in pen and brown ink with dimensions; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Elevation South side of Military | Knight Houses, &c | Windsor Castle"; in graphite, lower left: "AD 318"; upper right: "1502"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Studio of Sir Jeffry Wyatville, 1766–1840, British, Windsor Castle, Berkshire: South Front of Military Knights Houses, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.